Unlike standard traps, the Mini Rex snap trap mouse trap can be set by foot and baited before setting; this guarantees your fingers will not be caught during setting.
- Before setting, remove the bait cup from under the trap
- To bait insert either peanut butter or a dab of rodent attractant (available from Derwent Traders) into the cup
- Re-insert the cup into the trap
- Place the trap/s in the area where the rodents are active
- The trap is best placed against a skirting board at a 90 degree angle so the rodent comes face to face with it
- Simply step on the trap to arm the spring loaded jaws
- Use your foot or hand to open the jaws of the trap to release the catch.
We recommend crunchy peanut butter as the most effective bait but you can also mix in some bird seed. Nuts, Chocolate, sunflower seeds, corn on the cob, Dynamic lifter, blood & bone, apple or cake also work, or use what you know it likes. Interestingly cheese may work but is not as effective.